2. Our websites use Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use our sites. More on that here.
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information within our possession and control is an important aspect of the way that we conduct our business. We strive to protect and respect the personal information of our customers, business partners, employees, and consultants in accordance with all applicable laws.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect certain personal information when you download our content, place orders online, request information, or when you use our products or services. In registering with us, downloading content, or requesting information, you may provide us with your name, company information and contact information, such as e-mail address, phone number, and shipping address. We may also collect your product interest information, transaction / purchase information, or demographic information.
Certain third parties, including analytics companies like Google, may also automatically collect information about you through our websites, using cookies, web beacons, and device identifiers, including personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels and applications when you use our websites.
How do we use the information that we collect about you?
• Provide and deliver products or services you’ve requested;
• Operate and improve our internal operations, systems, products, and services;
• Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
• Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• Send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, order confirmations, order updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services;
• Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalised service;
• Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users;
• Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
What are cookies? How does our using them impact you?
• Authenticating and identifying you on our websites so we can provide you the services you requested;
• Keeping track of information you have provided to us through fill-in-the form;
• Remembering your preferences or where you left off in your use of our websites;
• Measuring your use of our websites so that we can improve them, tailor our websites to your likely interests, and conduct market research;
There are other technologies that can be used for similar purposes as cookies, such as HTML5 Local Storage and local shared objects (“LSOs”).
We may use HTML5 Local Storage, LSOs, and similar technologies for authenticating you, keeping track of information you have provided to us, and remembering your preferences. When you are using our application offline, we may store information related to how you used that app on your device and then transfer it to our servers the next time you connect online to our service.
Web beacons and embedded scripts are other technologies that we may use in our websites, as well as in some of our emails.
Web beacons are bits of programming code included in web pages and emails that notify us when those web pages or emails have been viewed or clicked on.